Tinder, the dating app that caught the world by storm a few years ago, is now being used for business networking too. Yes, truly! Swipe right on this one to find out how you can utilise Tinder to boost your company.
(Hint: It’s all about having a fantastic profile and developing connections with the right people)
Read on to see what Tinder has to offer for businesses like yours!
How Did Tinder Begin?
Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps on the market, but it wasn’t always like this.
The app got its start as a networking tool for co-founder Sean Rad. At the time, Rad was working on an app that would let as many people as possible connect. However, he soon realised that this idea had potential beyond a professional networking app.
With a few tweaks, the app was able to be used to connect people for more… romantic purposes. And so Tinder was born. Today, the app is used by millions of people around the world, making it one of the most popular dating apps on the market. Thanks to its founder’s keen insight, Tinder has changed the way we think about online dating and networking.
The Fundamentals of Tinder
Tinder has changed the dating game by making it easier than ever to meet new people and start a relationship with someone special.
The average millennial probably knows exactly how Tinder works, but you might be surprised to know that the age range of people who use the networking app is growing.
Tinder allows users to connect based on similar interests and tastes and the process is fairly simple. You first create a Tinder account, upload a few pictures, write a short bio, and start swiping.
If you’re interested in someone, you swipe right, and if you’re not, you swipe left. If both people swipe right, it’s a match! From there, you can hopefully spark mutually beneficial conversations and make a genuine connection. Who knows, your next match could turn into a life-long relationship!
How a Tinder Profile Can Help Your Business
By now you might be wondering how in the world a popular dating app is going to help your business. Hang in there! You’re about to find out…
Attract New Customers
Tinder can be a terrific business networking app if you utilise it appropriately.
Tinder marketing is a new way for companies to reach out to potential customers where they’re already spending a lot of time: on their phones. By creating a profile for their company on the Tinder app and then swiping right on users who seem like a good match, companies can start conversations with people who might be interested in what they have to offer.
On Tinder, you never know who you’re going to meet; it may very well be your next major customer. And since Tinder is all about sparking connections, it’s the perfect platform for companies that are looking to forge new relationships with potential customers.
Add a link to your website when you create your firm’s profile. Then it’s time to start swiping!
If you’re using Tinder to grow your business, the goal is to create an engaging profile that showcases your skills and areas of experience. It’s important to make sure your profile is always up to date so it accurately reflects your brand and you can give the best impression possible.
You also need to remember that Tinder is at its core, a visual platform. This means that your profile should be eye-catching and visually appealing – otherwise Tinder users will be swiping left on you at the speed of light.
No one likes to feel rejected, so make your brand stand out from the millions of other businesses that are marketing on Tinder.
So, if your company is looking for an innovative marketing strategy, Tinder might just be the perfect solution.
The Power of Tinder Ads
Beyond making a Tinder profile to promote your business, you should also consider paid advertising on Tinder.
You heard right – the popular dating app is now offering ad space to businesses. Anything from small businesses to major brands are gearing towards Tinder ads because it’s an incredibly effective way to reach your target market.
Tinder users are extremely engaged, with their thumbs freshly oiled up to swipe on their potential lover! They’re already in a mindset of discovery and exploration, so if you can capture their attention with a well-designed ad, you’re more likely to convert them into customers or clients.
And with Tinder ads, you can be sure that your target audience will see your ad because they can’t be easily skipped or ignored like on other platforms. So if you’re looking for a new way to reach your target market, Tinder ads are worth considering.
Useful Suggestions for Using Tinder for Business
Using Tinder in a marketing campaign is still a fairly new concept, so we’ve put together a few tips to get you on your way:
1. Maintain a dignified and respectable profile: When it comes to Tinder, first impressions are everything! Consequently, you should make it a priority to develop a compelling profile that highlights your experience and expertise in the business world.
2. Use Tinder as a professional networking app: When networking on Tinder, it’s vital to connect with individuals who work in your field or have skill sets complementary to your own. Expanding your professional network and maximising your use of Tinder are both possible with this strategy.
3. Market your goods and services: If you operate a company, you can use Tinder to market your goods and services to potential customers. Establish a profile for your company, and when you do, don’t forget to link it to your website so users can easily make a purchase.
4. Maintain an up-to-date profile: It’s an absolute must to maintain an up-to-date profile to ensure that you are constantly making the best impression possible. Regularly updating your photos and description will guarantee you are presenting a positive image of your business that stays in touch with your brand identity.
5. Include a call-to-action in your profile: If you want to promote your goods or services on Tinder, you need to make sure your profile includes a call-to-action. It may be a link to your website, or it could be a coupon code for a discount on your goods.
6. Use a relaxed tone: When making connections on Tinder, try to keep things on the laid-back side. Since it’s primarily a dating app, Tinder is not the place to engage in aggressive sales tactics. Rather, you should focus on cultivating relationships and fostering connections.
7. Be creative: Tinder has more than 50 million users, which means there is a lot of competition. Therefore, you need to show them how you are unique by ensuring your profile sets you apart from the competition.
8. Laugh and enjoy yourself: Developing business connections can be difficult, but hey, this is Tinder! Let your guard down and have fun while using Tinder since you never know who you could end up meeting. Benefits of Using Tinder in Your Marketing Strategy
1. Tinder exposes your business to a wide audience.
There are over 50 million members on Tinder, making it an excellent place to expand the reach of your marketing efforts and grow your customer base.
2. Tinder makes networking fun.
Tinder is an example of how networking doesn’t always have to be about serious business interactions. If you do it right, making new connections can be more relaxing than typical business networking – but just as rewarding.
Taps into a More Niche Market
Every successful business these days uses digital marketing to promote its products or services, but few know how to use Tinder to do it. Use this to your advantage and beat the crowd!
Drawbacks of Using Tinder for Business Purposes
Now, let’s take a look at some of the drawbacks of using Tinder for professional purposes:
You need to be creative.
Whether you’re a business or a user looking for love, you’re going to use the platform to sell yourself to the crowd. This might be done in a variety of ways, from showcasing your favourite pictures to writing a witty bio.
If you want to be successful on Tinder, you need to be unique with your profile and think of ways to differentiate yourself from other people who use the app.
Tinder is first and foremost a social networking platform.
When people go on Tinder, it probably isn’t shopping that’s on their minds.
Since the app isn’t designed for business interactions, you’ll need to put more thought into how you can promote your business, without being too forceful. A hard-sell approach is not going to do you any favours on a platform like Tinder. Conversations are hard to maintain within the app.
Being a dating app, Tinder is designed to facilitate relatively superficial interactions. While this can be great for making small talk at a networking event, it may not lead to the kind of deeper, more meaningful connections that are often needed to forge successful business relationships. If you use Tinder for professional networking, you’ll probably see yourself exiting the app to continue the business interaction elsewhere.
Real-Life Examples of Tinder Marketing
There is little information on real-life examples of successful Tinder marketing, but we’ve managed to find a couple that might inspire you.
Fake it ’til You Make It
The promotional team behind the AI-inspired film,
Ex Machina created a fake profile on the dating app under the name Ava. Plenty of unassuming festival goers at SXSW would go on to match with Ava before finding out that the 25-year-old they’ve been talking to was nothing but a robot!
With ‘Ava’s’ Tinder account linked to an Instagram page promoting the film, this new marketing approach was a huge success. However, it’s important to note that brands should get permission from Tinder if they decide to create a fake profile to market their products.
If you cross the line, your brand will come off as untrustworthy and you might even be shadowbanned on the app.
Tinder Love Lounges
Looking for love at a music festival can be tough – but it’s possible! At the same SXSW festival in Texas, the sports team, Atlanta Hawks gave male attendees a helping hand with their Tinder Love Lounges.
The lounges provided a comfortable, luxurious meeting space for attendees to chat and get to know their match.
Transform Your Business With Tinder Today
We understand that Tinder probably isn’t the first platform you think of for growing your business. But with a little creativity, you can use it to make new connections and expose your business to a wider audience.
And since it’s such a misunderstood marketing platform, we recommend leaning on an experienced marketing agency like
With our laser-focused approach to marketing, the team at
First Page is ready to give you everything you need to get started with Tinder marketing. Get in contact with us at any time and we’ll show you how to use Tinder marketing to its full potential.